We are proud to present our textbook “The Lattice Boltzmann Method – Principles and Practice” in Springer’s Graduate Text in Physics series. The book covers the following topics:
- Basics of hydrodynamics and kinetic theory
- Numerical methods for fluids
- The lattice Boltzmann equation
- Analysis of the lattice Boltzmann equation
- Boundary and initial conditions
- Non-dimensionalisation and choice of simulation parameters
- Lattice Boltzmann for advection-diffusion problems
- Multiphase and multicomponent flows
- MRT and TRT collision operators
- Boundary conditions for fluid-structure interaction
- Sound waves
- Implementation of lattice Boltzmann simulations
You find the book on several web pages, e.g. Springer or Amazon.
The book has its own GitHub page, including up-to-date errata. Mistakes and corrections can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.