|Rohan Vernekar (postdoc)|
Scale-up of nanoparticle production
Rohan is an EPSRC-funded postdoc who is modelling the scale-up of the production of nanoparticles for industrial applications.
|Benjamin Owen (postdoc)|
Inertial particle microfluidics
Ben is an ERC-funded postdoc investigating soft particles in inertial particle microfluidics. He completed his PhD at the University of Manchester, developing a fluid-structure interaction model using discrete methods and GPU acceleration for cardiovascular applications.
|Qi (Charles) Zhou (postdoc)|
Transport in placenta
Since September 2020, Charles is working on an EPSRC-funded project to model and understand solute and cell transport in the human placenta.
|Romain Enjalbert (PhD student)|
Blood flow in tumour microvasculature
Romain started in February 2019 and is supervised by Miguel Bernabeu and co-supervised by Timm Krüger and Maïwenn Kersaudy-Kerhoas. Romain’s project involves the modelling of blood flow within the tumour microvasculature to gain a better understanding of tissue oxygenation within tumours.
|Konstantinos Kechagidis (PhD student)|
Inertial microfluidics modelling
Konstantinos joined the group in September 2019. His project is aligned with the ERC project SIRIUS. Konstantinos is investigating particle and cell dynamics in inertial microfluidics.
|Giada Minozzi (PhD student)|
Boiling heat transfer modelling
Giada is working on the EPSRC EMBOSS project under the supervision of Prashant Valluri, Timm Krüger and Khellil Sefiane. She is focusing on multiscale modelling to analyse key heat transfer parameters during boiling in order to optimise heat exchange surfaces.
|Ellie Seed (PhD student)|
Blood flow in the placenta
Ellie is a Precision Medicine PhD student. She is using fluid dynamics simulations to investigate blood flow in the placenta and relating its geometry to functionality, in its ability to exchange nutrients, oxygen, and waste products between mother and fetus.
|Greg Sutton (PhD student)|
Immune system and hypertension
Greg’s project is about the interplay of proteins, the immune system and blood flow, and their role in high blood pressure. Greg’s other supervisors are Neeraj (Bean) Dhaun (Centre for Cardiovascular Science) and Filippo Menolascina (Institute for Bioengineering).
|Qihao Jiang (PhD student)|
Qihao started in December 2018. His research focusses on the optimisation of chromatography performance through lattice-Boltzmann modelling and machine learning. Qihao is co-supervised by Simone Dimartino (Institute for Bioengineering).
Current final-year project students
Former group members
- Emmanouil Falagkaris (2019-21)
- Patrick Schmidt (2017)
- Ciro Semprebon (2015/16)
- Qi (Charles) Zhou (PhD student, 2015-20)
- Arunn Sathasivam (PhD student, 2015-19)
- Rohan Vernekar (PhD student, 2014-18)
- Bowen Wang (MSc student, 2016/17)
- Bora Alper (UG summer student, 2020)
- Calum Mallorie (UG summer student, 2020)
- Doğa Şatır (UG summer student, 2020)
- Rafael Anderka (UG summer student, 2020)
- Andri Theofanous (UG research student, 2019/20)
- Calum Mallorie (UG summer student, 2019)
- Adam Machon (UG research student, 2018/19)
- Malcolm Bell (UG research student, 2018/19)
- Venecia Chavez Medina (visiting UG student, 2018)
- Christopher Tay (UG research student, 2017/18)
- Lavinia Calvi (UG summer student, 2016 and 2017)
- Chenghan Han (IAESTE summer student, 2017)
- Matilde Garcia (UG summer student, 2017)
- Vivek Shrestha (UG summer student, 2017)
- Martin Nikiforidis (Erasmus+ exchange student, 2017)
- Julia Zaenker (UG summer student, 2016)
- Stuart Fraser (UG research student, 2015/16)
- Callum Renton (UG research student, 2015/16)
- Douglas Connell (UG summer student, 2015)