|Rohan Vernekar (postdoc)|
Scale-up of nanoparticle production
Rohan is an EPSRC-funded postdoc who is modelling the scale-up of the production of nanoparticles for industrial applications.
|Emmanouil Falagkaris (postdoc)|
Inertial particle microfluidics
Emmanouil is an ERC-funded postdoc working on inertial particle microfluidics. His PhD project was about the modelling of viscous flows at moderate to high Reynolds numbers.
|Qi (Charles) Zhou (PhD student)|
Charles obtained the prestigious Principal’s Career Development Scholarship and the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship. He is looking at tumour-induced blood vessel growth (angiogenesis) under the influence of blood flow and related effects, such as wall shear stress. Charles is co-supervised by Peter Hoskins and Miguel Bernabeu.
|Romain Enjalbert (PhD student)|
Blood flow in tumour microvasculature
Romain started in February 2019 and is supervised by Miguel Bernabeu and co-supervised by Timm Krüger and Maïwenn Kersaudy-Kerhoas. Romain’s project involves the modelling of blood flow within the tumour microvasculature to gain a better understanding of tissue oxygenation within tumours.
|Konstantinos Kechagidis (PhD student)|
Inertial microfluidics modelling
Konstantinos joined the group in September 2019. His project is aligned with the ERC project SIRIUS. Konstantinos is investigating particle and cell dynamics in inertial microfluidics.
|Greg Sutton (PhD student)|
Immune system and hypertension
Greg’s project is about the interplay of proteins, the immune system and blood flow, and their role in high blood pressure. Greg’s other supervisors are Neeraj (Bean) Dhaun (Centre for Cardiovascular Science) and Filippo Menolascina (Institute for Bioengineering).
|Cong (Amily) Chao (PhD student)|
Experimental bubble microfluidics
Amily, who started her PhD in 2016, researches the resistance to two-phase flows in micro-channels and micro-fluidic systems through experiments. Her primary supervisor is Xianfeng Fan (Institute for Materials and Processes).
|Qihao Jiang (PhD student)|
Qihao started in December 2018. His research focusses on the optimisation of chromatography performance through lattice-Boltzmann modelling and machine learning. Qihao is co-supervised by Simone Dimartino (Institute for Bioengineering).
Former group members
- Patrick Schmidt (2017)
- Ciro Semprebon (2015/16)
- Arunn Sathasivam (PhD student, 2015-19)
- Rohan Vernekar (PhD student, 2014-18)
- Bowen Wang (MSc student, 2016/17)
- Calum Mallorie (UG summer student, 2019)
- Adam Machon (UG research student, 2018/19)
- Malcolm Bell (UG research student, 2018/19)
- Venecia Chavez Medina (visiting UG student, 2018)
- Christopher Tay (UG research student, 2017/18)
- Lavinia Calvi (UG summer student, 2016 and 2017)
- Chenghan Han (IAESTE summer student, 2017)
- Matilde Garcia (UG summer student, 2017)
- Vivek Shrestha (UG summer student, 2017)
- Martin Nikiforidis (Erasmus+ exchange student, 2017)
- Julia Zaenker (UG summer student, 2016)
- Stuart Fraser (UG research student, 2015/16)
- Callum Renton (UG research student, 2015/16)
- Douglas Connell (UG summer student, 2015)